Yunlea supplies cover glass to fit nearly any Touch LCD display. We can bond it to the display for you to adhere a touch sensor, strengthen the display against tough environments or both.
Your choices include:
Corning® Gorilla® Glass, now in its seventh generation, is a chemically-hardened glass primarily used as a cover glass for electronic devices. Introduced in 2007, it is the market leader in cover glass, and by 2017 had been used in more than one billion mobile devices.
- Various versions of Gorilla Glass are available, all offering break resistance, scratch resistance and flexibility, making them ideal for reinforcing LCD displays
- Gorilla Glass 3 is an economical formulation available with minimum order quantities and ideal for industrial, medical, and consumer applications
- Later generations may be better suited for some special purposes (for example, Gorilla Glass Victus is 2X more scratch resistant than generation 6 and 20% more drop resistant, able to survive a 2-meter fall onto a rough surface)
- Manufactured using Corning’s unique fusion process, Gorilla Glass is extremely thin, flat and distortion-free
- Because it requires little or no polishing and relatively little post-production, Gorilla Glass can be surprisingly affordable
- It is manufactured in Kentucky, Korea and Taiwan.
DragontrailTM is a lightweight, flexible, and scratch-resistant glass with outstanding strength, used as a protective cover glass for electronic devices. It is manufactured by AGC, Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals and high-tech materials based in Japan.
- DragontrailTMglass has been used by major brands of electronic devices worldwide since its market release and its use continues to rise
- It is thin, shiny and attractive
- Break resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Manufactured using the float process, resulting in an extremely smooth, distortion-free glass
- Environmentally friendly in that no lead, arsenic or antimony is used in the manufacturing process
Soda Lime Glass
Soda lime, or window glass, is a lower-cost option used most often to protect a touch screen or add extra strength to any display, when the drop and scratch-resistance of a premium glass is not necessary.
Soda lime glass is chemically stable, reasonably hard, workable and inexpensive. It can be chemically strengthened or tempered for increased durability.
When used as a cover glass, it is manufactured using the float process, making it extremely flat, smooth and distortion free.
Learn more about our OPTICAL BONDING SERVICES.
CONTACT US for more information or a price quote.